Sunday, July 10, 2005
I did not do enough
The discernment committee meeting is tomorrow night (Monday, July 11th) and, even though I have read all the material, I cannot help but feel that I did not really do enough to prepare for the meeting. How can you discuss intelligently something that you have only read once? The material made a lot of sense when I read it, but it feels to me like it is slipping away.

I guess the question is: "Should I not put the same effort in getting ready for the meeting as I would have if this were an exam?" I must confess that I think that the answer to that question is "Yes". And, on that level, I certainly do not think like I have done enough to get ready. I will try reading the last chapter one last time before the meeting tomorrow. At least that way the material will be fresh in my mind.

I enjoyed church this morning. And I must say that having the singsong ready days before made that part of the service much more enjoyable for me. It's not that I don't enjoy leading the singing, I do, but there is certainly a lot less stress when you are not running around at the last minute figuring out what to sing, when to sing it, do I need an overhead, and so on and so on.

God bless you!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:57 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: