Monday, November 21, 2005
Discernment meeting - take 4
The atmosphere at the discernment meeting was still charged from the service on Sunday. It was certainly great to see how much more easily people jumped with both feet into the "river of grace" by having upbeat (the word does not do the music justice, but that is all I can come up with) music to sing to. And if you were wondering who was the amazing musician that caused that change, you might want to have a look at his website.

I think we all agreed that the kind of spiritual growth we have experienced in our small group (the discernment committee) should be something that everyone in the church should have a chance to experience. One of the committee members pretty much volunteered to lead such a group. I tried to say that it was not where my gift was, but somehow I found myself agreeing that maybe a worship band would be something that I could be a part of (mentor?).

I had not mentioned this before, but one of the people I was talking to during the after service "kingdom party" said that the singsong was the reason they had come back to our church again. What a humbling and awe-inspiring experience it is to find out that my efforts are having such an effect on people. The awe-inspiring part is that God would choose me to help spread His word.

One example of this is a song I was trying to find out if it would be okay to use in the singsong this week. As you are probably aware, Advent begins next Sunday and we are going to see things through Mary's point of view this week. So this song came to mind: "Mary did you know?" Turns out that the song speaks exactly to what our minister was going to talk about so the song will now be used in the service. The song just popped into my head when I saw the bulletin for the service. This happens too often to be a coincidence.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:08 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: