Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Earthly things
I have been thinking for a while now that we need to do something about the church sound system. The system can currently handle two inputs and those are the minister's wireless mike and the "podium" mike. One of the complaints we heard last year when dramas were done to illustrate the service theme is that it was very hard to hear those taking part in the drama.

I was at the local "Long & McQuade" yesterday, and I finally got a chance to ask the questions that I had been wondering about. So it turns out that it is possible to use a mixing console for multiple inputs and then feed the output of the mixing console into the current sound system arrangement. And not only that, but it is possible to rent the equipment so you can find out if it will work as hoped.

All this to say that I think I will just go ahead and rent a 6 mike input mixing console for the next little while and see if it can be used at church to give us more flexibility. The rental cost is about $32/month so it will be an inexpensive way to try things out. And buying a few mike cables and one cheap mike should give us enough equipment to really test it. My daughters and I were talking about it and we have already decided that the console should go on the lower shelf of the multimedia stand; that way it is somewhat out of the way and is not so far that the 20foot cables I am planning on buying will be too short. And that mixing board also has other inputs that can be used for sound from presentations or for a guitar as just a few examples.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:48 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: