Sunday, April 09, 2006
Woefully unprepared
Why is it that every day before a Discernment committee meeting I always have the feeling that I am completely unprepared for the coming meeting? Granted this week we only have one week in between meetings as opposed to the usual two, but that is because the usual date would have fallen on Easter Monday. But still, there was not a whole lot do to:

  • Reflect some more on the Vision, Mission statements and core values;
  • Give some thought on what the church should do for Love Your City;
  • Look at different Bible passages to try and identify which Bible passage best tells the world our vision.

I have to confess that I have not done any of those things - and given that the meeting is in less than 19 hours it is very unlikely that any of them will get done either. I probably was supposed to read another chapter of our book as well - yet another task I have not done. I think it is definitely time to start writing down what it is I need to do as it would appear that things get pushed down by more recent tasks and do not surface in time.

Oh well, I better get to bed - something else I am late getting to (grin).

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:58 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Chris.....

    For this meeting you are already all prepared.

    The thinking is already done....
    as you sang, as you prayed, as you immersed yourself in the story yesterday....

    Because preparing for this meeting is all about your heart and your heart is open to Christ....

    The rest will come as we meet together as the body of Christ....

    May your day be gentle...

    See you tonight...

    Blessings,

    Jerri