Sunday, April 02, 2006
Has it been two weeks already?
First I should mention that I enjoyed the service once again. Our music director, Brooke Maxwell, can claim some of the credit as he can modify his style of play based on the mood of the congregation which makes it much more enjoyable to sing, and somehow the experience is more meaningful. Our minister should claim the lion share of the credit as she is the one orchestrating the services.

The reflection was once again very good; it made me realize that I had been just singing "Down in the river to pray" before, and not really getting its meaning. I tried to convey some of that new found meaning in the little solo part I had at the beginning. I ended up with the solo as the first volunteer for the solo got tonsillitis, and the second volunteer we are assuming forgot to "spring forward" and woke up too late to come to church.

The reason for the title is that tomorrow night is Discernment committee meeting night. It seems just like yesterday that I was getting ready for the previous meeting two weeks ago. And I have just realized that I have not yet read chapter 4 of "A Love Worth Giving" by Max Lucado which was mentioned at the last meeting as what we should currently be reading. I wonder if I can find time tomorrow to read that chapter.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:52 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: