Wednesday, April 05, 2006
First thoughts about songs
I have started to look at the songs for this Sunday. Nothing specific yet, but rather just looking at the overall mood of the singing. I would seem to me that I should probably concentrate on the joy of Palm Sunday as it basically is where the service begins. I do not really want to get into the "heavy" songs of the latter part of Holy Week at the beginning of the service.

Part of the preparation for the singing is to enter some more information onto the Pre Service Singing site. I am currently just concentrating on the song titles and their location in the hymn books but at some point I would like to have the lyrics there as well. I may also link, where possible, to a web site that allows you to play the tunes of the hymns; but I think this will be something to do in the future.

I have copied all the information what was online about the different meetings of the church to the one place that I currently think is the best place. I have called it for lack of a better name Esquimalt United Church Collaboration Site. It is very possible that I am doing this for my benefit alone for the time being, but I think younger generations live online and will find more use out of that site. Just a feeling, I may be totally wrong about this.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:31 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: