Saturday, May 06, 2006
Songs and thoughts
On my way home today after having spend a couple of hours at church pruning, digging and planting, a thought struck me: a lot of what we were doing on the grounds of the church are very similar to what we want to be doing in the community.

The ground around the church was extremely hard, the hedges were overgrown; some things had not been tended in quite a while (at least to my eye). And so it is with the community; we have a lot of people in the community at large who have never been exposed to religion/faith and we have not gone into the community to spread the message of Jesus Christ.

Which is why I chose "Spirit of the Living God" as the first hymn for the pre-service singing. The other two hymns are based on the Psalm 34 reading used in the service. Which would make the order of songs as follows:

"Spirit of the Living God" VU376
"Cry of my Heart" TFWS2165
"Lord I Lift Your Name on High" TFWS2088

Now to go and make the slides.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: