Sunday, April 30, 2006
Sunday service
This Sunday's service had a different feel than the service last week. The music for last week's service was very boisterous and upbeat, this Sunday's music was more quiet and mellow. I think it had to do with the frame of mind of our music director, Brooke Maxwell . This is just a feeling I have as I think he was in a quieter mood today.

The same two people that led the service last week also did this week (the young adult and her grandfather). It seemed to me like there were fewer people there for the service, but I could be wrong since I don't usually pay that much attention. I guess I noticed today because I went up to speak about the upcoming Love Esquimalt / Vic. West / View Royal event. I did manage to get 4 more people to sign up for T-Shirts; which brings the total to 8 so far. Since I do have to put the order in on Monday I will order a few extra so people deciding to join late will be able to get a T-Shirt. Back to the service, I am sorry to say that I do not recall what was said in the reflection. That is most likely because I have trouble focusing on what is being said when the grandfather is speaking. Next Sunday our regular minister is back so it will be interesting to see if I have less trouble focusing (as I hope will be the case).

I was going to speak with the young adult that was supposed to do the presentation and who backed out at the last minute to let her know that it is not acceptable that I had to talk to her to find out she was not going to work on the presentation. I know that it does happen that things change and that it is no long possible to complete the job; I just want to point out that she should have let us know as soon as it became apparent that she was not going to be able to get it done. I did not get an opportunity to speak with her before or after the service, so I think I will just send her an email.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:58 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: