Sunday, November 27, 2005
Worship service
I think that the song "Mary did you know?" that I sang after the reflection (sermon) - which was about Mary and her choice to accept God's request to give birth to Jesus - really connected with the congregation. I know it connected with me - I have not been able to get it out of my mind for a week now. The most powerful lyric for me (in a song filled with powerful lyrics) is "when you kissed your little baby, you kissed the face of God".

The singsong went well, the people were singing out which is always great. I do wonder though if it would have been a good idea to go over a couple of the songs that were used in the service. They were nice songs, but the congregation did not know them. I am not sure I know the answer to that problem. I do not think we want to limit the singing to songs that the congregation already knows, but on the other hand I think it detracts from the impact of the song if people are struggling with trying to get the tune right instead of just singing out and getting into the flow of things. Maybe just singing the songs over again?

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:35 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: