Wednesday, March 08, 2006
How does God speak to me?
The title above is the theme for this week. It also asks the question: "Can the Bible really help me hear God talking to me? How?" This is an interesting topic as daily Bible reading is one of the marks of discipleship.

Probably the way I like to read the Bible the best is Lectio Divina, as it is something that we practice at every Discernment Committee meeting. Actually I think I can safely say that pretty much every meeting that is held at church includes some time set aside to read the Bible using Lectio Divina. Clicking on the link will take you to a page that has a good explanation of the process. I had not known before today that Lectio Divina could be practice in a solitary or private manner as I had always done it as part of a group. But I guess since I do just that whenever I read a Bible passage at home it is natural to do just that.

I have spent more time trying to make sure that the mechanics of the collaboration site were well explained so that everyone would be comfortable using the site rather than actually working on the tasks before us. Hopefully now that I think I have done all I can to make it easy to use I can start looking at what is there.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: