Sunday, March 05, 2006
Another great service
I heard good things about the songs for the pre-service singing. Particularly for "Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)" by Chris Rice. The song fit so well in the theme of the week, but it is such a great song that I am hoping it will stay with those people who heard it this morning.

The reflection was certainly thought provoking. I am still trying to make complete sense of it. "First you rejoice; rejoicing opens your heart; opening your heart allows God to come into your heart." Hopefully I got it mostly right. Fortunately, there will be more to come in the weeks ahead. It is a great thing indeed that we are not just listening, but rather becoming engaged with what the minister is saying.

I guess I should not be surprised that people in the congregation were familiar with the song the choir sang this morning: "Joy is like the rain" by the Medical Mission Sisters. Since the congregation has always enjoyed singing, it would follow that they would be familiar with Christian music. By the way, the choir did sing another song from the Medical Mission Sisters a couple of weeks ago: "Zaccheus".

Tomorrow is Discernment Committee meeting. I hope I have answered the right question, or did I answer "What are we?" instead of "Who are we?". I am very interested in finding out what the others will have come up with. I think that it will be a very enlightening meeting.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:38 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: