Saturday, March 04, 2006
Lagging behind
This weekend could not have arrived at a better time. I had been burning the candle at both ends at work and it was taking its toll on my ability to get much accomplished in the evenings at home. This basically meant that by the time I could turn my attention to writing an entry in my blog(s), I was too tired to put forth the effort.

Not that I have not been talking about "stuff". One of the things I have been thinking about is that answer I wrote in my previous entry. I think that the word "the" in the entry should be changed to an "a". Which would make it:

"Loved by God, forgiven by grace, on a faith journey to eternal life."

To me, the saying should apply equally to the church as a whole, and to each person that comes to church - whether they have been here for years or it is their first visit. Which is why it is important to make that change. Although the goal is the same "eternal life", the faith journey undertaken by each individual has to be different since we are all at different stages. My faith journey would not be the same as my daughter, nor should it be. So by putting an "a" there, that saying conveys the message that there are more than one faith journey unlike when there was a "the" there which kind of insinuated that there was only one way to do things.

On to the singing. I spent most of the day just letting the choices of songs percolate in the back of my mind after looking through a few books earlier today. And this is what I ended up with (in the order they will be sung):

"O Lord, You're Beautiful" Keith Green [TFWS2064]
"Take Time to Be Holy" VU672
"Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)" Chris Rice

For the first two songs, the links I provide do not have the exact words that I will be using. The "The Faith We Sing" hymnal basically only uses the first verse of Keith Green's "O Lord, You're Beautiful". Their second verse is basically just a slight variation of the first one. And for "Take Time to Be Holy", I will be singing verses 1, 3, and 4 of the ones on the web page where I have linked. Both of those songs were listed under the "Trust" heading in their respective topical index. The third song will be sung as printed on the web page. I chose that song because I think it shows that, wherever you are on the journey, you can always turn to God/Jesus.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: