Sunday, February 26, 2006
The good and the bad
I must confess that I thought that people were not paying as much attention to the pre-service singing as they had been in the previous weeks. There were conversations going on all around me which sort of made me feel that I was not reaching the congregation this morning.

The service on the other hand was very good; I particularly the way the minister made Luke 24:13-35 come alive. I had been reading that Bible passage for a few days now and it made that reading so much more meaningful.

I would be very interesting in finding out what the comments were as far as the new placement of the piano was concerned. I am obviously biased since I am part of the committee that wanted the piano moved, but I think the piano worked very well from where it is now located.

It was also great news to hear that the trial period between ourselves and our music director has been extended for another month. I am pretty sure that I mentioned before that Brooke Maxwell is trying out the position of music director to see if he can fit it in his already very busy schedule. So I am heartened to hear that we made enough of a good impression that he is willing to extend his trial period. Despite some comments about a weakness that he has (he has acknowledged that he is not very good at playing what is written on a page) I think that we have overall a great opinion of him and we are glad he is staying. I know I am.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 9:58 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: