Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Another frustrating meeting
I really respect people that have the best interests of the church at heart and want to be fiscally prudent/responsible. And I am sure I have ruffled some feathers, offended some people even, by suggesting that the money they were willing to offer was inadequate. But I do believe that young, enthusiastic, talented musician do not come cheap anymore if they ever did. I also believe that what Brooke brings is worth the extra money.

Just for fun, I figured out what an equivalent offer would be for what our previous music director received when she first started at the church 5 years ago. Assuming an annual rate of inflation of 2%, her monthly rate of $750 turns out to be $828 in 2006 dollars! I just worry now that the quote we are asking of him will be out of our price range and that when we tell him what we are willing/can afford to pay him he will laugh in our faces. This is definitely something worth praying that it does not happen.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: