Thursday, March 30, 2006
Connecting to God through prayer
"One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, 'Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.'" -- Luke 11:1 [NIV]

I have just begun to have a look at the theme for next Sunday's church service. I have not yet had a chance to have a look at songs for the pre-service singing, but I did make one discovery: my favourite music website, CreativeWorship, is now GreatWorshipSongs. The site has a new design and a new name and now most of the music that was free for use now must be purchased. I have purchased music from there before, so I am not against paying for music; I just find it sad that something I could have downloaded for free last week now will need to be purchased. Oh well, I guess they have to make a living too.

I just realized something interesting: one of the things I used to dislike was singing all the verses to the hymns for Sunday during choir practice. But now I do not mind anymore, I quite enjoy it actually. I would say that Brooke is making his presence felt in more ways that one. His fresh approach to playing the hymns make them a lot more fun to sing. I think his playing is having the same effect on the congregation.

Another thing I am currently doing is looking for images for the Good Friday service. So far, I am thinking we might be able to use a couple of the pictures on this page. Of course, it is early yet, but I did not want to lose track of what I think are possible images.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: