Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Validation
Tonight was Official Board meeting at church. I used the word validation in the title because tonight was the first time we presented the completed Vision, Mission, and Core Values statements (henceforth referred as Vision statements) to people of the church outside of the discernment committee. I don't know if I were the only one, but I know I was holding my breath while they were reading it / having it read to them. I had a great sigh of relief when we received validation of our efforts by all of the non-discernment people present.

Now that the Vision statements have been approved by the Board, it is now time to present them to the small groups in the church to see if they also resonate with them. Since I am a member of the choir, I will have the privilege of presenting the Vision statements to them. And if all goes well it will be presented to the congregation at large on June 11th.

There were many other decisions made by the board, but the one decision made, besides the approval of the Vision statements, which was of great interest to me was the approval of the contract for our Music Director. I am elated to know that the church has contracted Brooke Maxwell to be our Music Director (there was another term used, but I cannot remember it) for the next year. Hurray for us!

God Bless You!

 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:42 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: