Friday, August 19, 2005
Excitement grows
I am still excited about Love Esquimalt/View Royal/Vic West since yesterday's meeting. I have been thinking about what we should do as a church - we had originally said that we would just go help other churches if they needed people to help, but I think now that there will be more people than jobs. And I think that the minister at the Anglican church (or is he a rector? I really don't know) is really keen on getting his church and mine to do something together. He keeps saying that we should talk and discuss what we could do together - actually what I think he said was that I should organize it as he is having trouble organizing his people. I don't know that I am too keen on being an organizer. Oh well. But I think that now we are considering handing out bottles of water as well as popcorn to people at three different locations: Country Grocer, the Rec. Centre, and the Town Square. I guess I better go have a look at the Town Square (there supposedly is a open air market every Saturday) to get a feel of how many people would be there.

The local Wal-Mart is having a sale on bottles of water; we could probably get 396 bottles of water for just a little over $60. But would that be enough? I really have no idea......

I have started reading the next chapter of "Power Surge" even though we are not really due to read it for a while. Unfortunately right now I could not tell you what the stuff I read was about. I guess I better reread the previous chapters so they really stick in my mind as it would appear that repetition is what is needed.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: