Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Songs not so easy to find
I had a picture of having no trouble finding songs for this week's singsong since the Bible readings are from the Lectionary. Well it turns out that there are a lot of songs to choose from; the problem is I do not like the majority of them. There is one that I do like: "O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing". The link is to the Methodist hymnal version, which has more verses than the Voices United version; but the tune (MIDI at the bottom of the linked page) is the same. But right now, that is probably the only song I would not mind doing during the singsong.

I have had a song run through my head from time to time all this week. It comes and goes, and when it is gone I cannot quite remember what the song is. I do think, however, that it is "How Great is Our God" by Chris Tomlin. I think I could play and have the congregation sing that song during the singsong. I will have to pay more attention the next time the song comes :)

On the good news side, I heard today that the projection screen for the church has shipped and should arrive sometime next week. Blessings go to the church disciple who saw the need and decided to do something about it. That same person is talking about getting a remote for the PowerPoint laptop so that someone does not have to sit right next to the laptop (at the front of the church currently) to run the presentations. While I hated to discourage such generosity, I think we have come to an agreement that we should wait and see how things go with the new screen before getting the remote.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:14 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: