Saturday, August 20, 2005
Ready for church
Today was the day to prepare the PowerPoint slides for tomorrow's singsong and church service. That went without to many problems, although there was some extra work to do once the presentations were copied onto the laptop. I should probably mention that I prepare the slides using Open Office running on my Linux workstation. Open Office has the ability to write PowerPoint files, that way I can work on the computer with the larger screen and then just transfer the files to the laptop (which runs WinXPpro). The transfer is not 100% though so there is usually a little touch up to be done.

The songs for the singsong are 3 of the 4 that were listed earlier in the week. The order I have decided to sing the songs is as follows:

"Come, Let Us Sing" VU 222
"The trees of the field" TFWS 2279, VU 884
"Drawn Together by His Love" Bill Cates

I should mention that "The trees of the field" is also known as "You shall go out with joy"; it is really a closing hymn, but it fit so well with the theme that I decided to do it anyway. All of these songs have been done in the singsong before so I do not expect any problem singing them. Hopefully they will resonate with people.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:49 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: