Sunday, September 11, 2005
Do not update when tired
I finished the service slide presentation last evening after having spent a good part of the day at church for the Sunday School Clean-up Day. I must confess to having been very tired last night. So it turns out that I forgot to enter one of the slides. I am sure I looked the slides over last night - but somehow I completely missed the fact that the song verse we were going to sing after communion was just missing. I can think of two lessons to learn from that: 1) do not work when you are tired; and 2) get somebody else to proofread the presentations.

Today's service was great and went reasonably well - if you ignore the missing slide and the feedback loop from the speakers during the service. My older daughter put together a slide presentation with pictures of people in the church - set to music. I must say that I really enjoyed her presentation and she did a great job. It has made me think about trying to make a presentation as well (this is probably another one of those "all talk no action" statements).

The Discernment committee meets again tomorrow night after the summer hiatus. Hopefully I can remember most of what I read in chapters 6 and 7 of "Power Surge". I guess I quick review on the bus tomorrow will help. One of the things we were supposed to do was visit other churches; I of course used the excuse that I had to be at our church every week to do the singsong and slide presentations to not go anywhere. I am eager to find out what the other members have to say - hopefully they are better at following directions than I am.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:16 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: