Friday, September 23, 2005
Love [Your City] has started!
Tonight was the kick off worship service for Love Esquimalt/Vic. West/View Royal. It was great to see our church packed - something that, as someone mentioned, only happens for weddings, funerals, and Christmas! The service itself was great and the songs that were selected for worship really connected with the people there. Another proof that a song does not have to be new to be meaningful to younger people was the singing of "How Great Thou Art" by everyone; it was a moving experience.

I was able to finish the slide presentation for the Friday service thanks to the fact that I was able to take the afternoon off from work. I had been wondering how I was going to be able to complete the slides since I had to work everyday so imagine my surprise when the instructor said that he would be finished by noon. One more example that the Lord provides: "ask and you shall receive".

I have been trying to put Saturday's slide presentation together, but it turns out that I am missing the lyrics to one of the songs: "Surrender". I thought, no problem, I will look it up on the web. There are 3 different Christian songs by that name! I know that things will work out, but that does not stop me from worrying about them.

I better go to bed so I can be well rested for the main event on Saturday. You can go look at the Love [Your City] website to find out more about what this is all about.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: