Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Only jumbled thoughts
I am still thinking about the committee meeting. These are just things I am thinking - just random thoughts popping into my head. The main reason why the committee exists is that our church is slowly dying off. So the people on the committee want to revitalize the church to make it successful again. The membership model does not work so obviously the discipleship model is the way to go. (I'm also playing devil's advocate it would seem). But we will need to become missionaries otherwise how will the people know? This is where Love [Your City] becomes so important. And it cannot be just a once a year event. The church has to reach out continually (continuously?) into the community. I also have a lot of questions that I hope are answered in the new book. I will read the book first then ask my questions - assuming that there will be some left :)

I have started to look at songs for next Sunday. I have found a few based on the Genesis reading: "To Abraham and Sarah", "Spirit of Gentleness", "Praise to the Lord". I will give links to the words tomorrow as I am running out of time since I should have been in bed half an hour ago.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: