Friday, October 28, 2005
A beginning
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

I have begun looking at songs for this week's singsong. I guess I should mention that the theme this week is "Staking a claim, trusting the Lord" and the Bible readings are taken from Jeremiah 29:11-14a, 31:31-34 as well as selected verses of chapter 32. I have not been able to find songs based on those passages in my usual places. So I have been looking at songs that speak of trust. One suggested song is "In His Time" by Diane Ball which I have done before. I have also been looking at songs that speak of mission. And one of the suggested songs about mission whose words I really like is "As a Fire is Meant for Burning" by Ruth Duck (VU578,TFWS2237) using the Beach Spring tune (VU457).

Well it is now quite late so I will continue looking on Saturday.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: