Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Next discernment meeting
The next discernment committee meeting is coming up next Monday (Oct.24th) and the topic will be the next mark of discipleship: "Daily Bible Reading". I have started reading the assigned book chapter which is on, what else, daily Bible reading. The one thing I have picked up so far is that you are not studying the Bible, but rather trying to let God talk to you through the Bible passage you are reading. Also, it is easier if you read the New Testament rather than the Old Testament as you need to know more about the history around what God is trying to accomplish in the Old Testament.

Our regular minister is away this week, so I am waiting until I see the bulletin for this week to look for songs for the singsong. I do have an idea about a couple of songs as the theme is supposed to be a review of the last few weeks. I will mention actual songs tomorrow.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:12 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: