Sunday, October 09, 2005
Picky, picky, picky.
Or maybe I should say things that annoyed only me (hopefully). First, I should mention that I enjoyed the service this morning - well for the most part anyway. As I get older I find it harder and harder to tune out other noises when I am listening to something so it was very distracting to me to have a young child babbling next to me during parts of the service. And while I understand the need to make everyone feel welcome it did not help with be losing track of parts of the reflection. I also was annoyed at our music director's interpretation of one of the songs (Dayeinu) but I am hoping it was just my preconceived notion of how it should sound that clashed with her version.

The singsong seemed to go fairly well - I enjoyed the fact that one of the choir members took it upon herself to add drums to one of the songs. I like the fact that people feel free to add to the songs in whichever way increases their participation in the songs.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: