Monday, November 07, 2005
Discernment
"All these gifts have a common origin, but are handed out one by one by the one Spirit of God. He decides who gets what, and when." 1 Corinthians 12:11 (The Message)

Tonight's meeting concentrated on "Serving in and beyond the congregation", the 4th Mark of Discipleship. The point of the meeting, I think, was to recognize the many different ways that people can serve. I found myself in agreement with the material contained in the chapter. And after talking it over during the meeting, it dawned on me that maybe I had been looking at things the wrong way - and that my audience is not whom I thought it was. I thought that the people that should be touched were those for whom I was doing the work - but since I really do not have any direct interaction with those people for whom I do the work it turns out that how I act in the office would affect my co-workers - and they are the people I can touch.

I guess after a week off singing for the singsong, I better start looking at songs for next Sunday. It is kind of late though, so I will look up the Bible readings and the theme for next Sunday tomorrow.

God Bless You!

 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:57 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: