Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Getting ready for week 2 of Advent

"God, you can now release your servant; release me in peace as you promised. With my own eyes I've seen your salvation; it's now out in the open for everyone to see: A God-revealing light to the non-Jewish nations, and of glory for your people Israel." - Luke 2:29-32 (The Message)

I am happy to report that I am now caught up in my devotional reading. I am now starting again with the plan to read the devotional every morning before going to work.

The theme for Advent at Esquimalt United Church is "Stories on the road to Bethlehem". The bible readings for this week are: selected verses from Matthew 1:18-25 and 2:13-23 as well as Luke 2:22-33,39-43. I have just now read the Bible readings, so I am not yet ready to start selecting songs. I have to let things "percolate".

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:09 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: