Saturday, February 18, 2006
Another singsong takes shape
"But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, `Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.`" -- Luke 19:8 [NIV]

Luke 19:1-10 is the thematic Bible reading for this Sunday's service and I have chosen to concentrate on the passage above to choose what I will sing in the singsong. So the line up is as follows (in the order they will be sung):

"Come, Let us sing of a wonderful love" Robert Walmsley [VU574]
"I have decided to follow Jesus" Anonymous [FWS2129]
"Cry of my Heart" Terry Butler [FWS2165]

I finally managed to make it to a men's breakfast at church. I had said when asked that I would go to the one before Christmas, but I completely forgot about it and slept right through that one. So I made sure this time that I woke up in plenty of time to make the breakfast. I enjoyed myself. I must say that there were more people there than I anticipated - talk about being pleasantly surprised. I guess the biggest surprise is that there were 4 youth there amidst a group that consisted mostly of men with gray hair. Kudos to them for coming as I must confess that at their age I would not have come to such a meeting.

I guess I better finalize my thoughts on the discernment committee as the next meeting is this Monday.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:44 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: