Saturday, February 25, 2006
Songs at long last
As I had surmised, finding songs that fit the theme was harder this week than in previous weeks. Even the songs I have picked only skirt the theme I feel. I guess the idea this week is to whet their appetite for what is to come in the service.

So the order of songs for Sunday is as follows:

"Majesty" Jack Hayford
"Open My Eyes That I May See" VU371
"You In My Life" Gary Sadler and Steven V. Taylor

Interesting anecdote. I was out for part of the afternoon getting guitar strings (and looking around) at Long & McQuade. When I came back I decided that I was going to work on the PowerPoint for the service since I was not sure if the youth that was supposed to work on it was back. My wife and I went out for dinner and while at dinner she mentioned that one of the members of the church had called and left a voice message while I was out. It turns out that it was the grandfather of that youth letting me know that she would not be able to work on the PowerPoint and would not be at the service on Sunday. So I would have had to do the PowerPoint anyway; interesting that I was moved to do it even though I did not know I had to.

It would appear that I need to put up the result of the brainstorming session from the last Discernment committee meeting; I have yet to see the email that was supposed to have been sent out. I will check at church in the morning and then put it in my blog tomorrow night.

Well I better go to bed as I am supposed to be up in about 3.5 hours to do stuff related to work.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: