Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Love [Your City] 2006
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -- John 3:16 [NIV]

Tonight was the second meeting for this year's Love Esquimalt / Vic West / View Royal event. I missed the first one as I was out of the country, so I had some catching up to do. The date for this year's event is June 3rd. If your church is in Esquimalt / Vic West / View Royal, ask about Love [Your City], there is a good chance your church is taking part. If not, there is plenty of time for your church to join in this awesome event. Check the web site, and send me an email (my email address is on the right) and I will give you some more information.

I just cannot wait for choir practice this Thursday (Feb.23). The reason for this eagerness is that our music director has moved the piano so he can see the congregation (he was sitting with his back to the congregation before). When our previous director was sitting at the organ (pretty much where the piano is now) a few of the choir members complained that they could not see her so she could "direct" them. So it should be interesting to hear the comments - I might even show up early! But seriously, we (the worship committee) have been trying to move the piano from in front of the chancel for over a year now. This will allow for so much more freedom in what can be done to make the service more meaningful. And all now without having to worry about people not being able to see the goings on.

The theme for this Sunday is "What happens when I die?" which talks about death and the Resurrection. Which made me think about a snippet of a hymn, which then brought me to the Bible passage at the top. This is just early work to get my mind wrapped around what kinds of songs I should/will pick for the singsong this Sunday.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:13 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: