Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Who is Jesus and why should I care?
"It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship." John 4:23b [The Message]

The Scripture extract above is from the chosen Bible reading for this week: John 4:1-41. That was the verse that stood out for me.

Now I am out of town on Sunday so I will not be doing the singsong, but I thought I would have a look at which songs I might have chosen. The title of this entry is the theme for this week so I thought that this song might be suitable:

"Majesty" Jack Hayford

The following song seems to have been written as an answer to that very question:

"It is You" David Edwards

We have sung "Majesty" before, but "It Is You" is new to the congregation.

I have purposely not posted anything about discernment as I did not get a chance to pursue anything further and I am still mulling things over.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:55 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: