Thursday, February 02, 2006
A new era begins
Tonight was the first choir practice with our new interim organist/choir director: Brooke Maxwell. It will be a very interesting time, one that I hope will not be limited to the month of February - which is the time period Brooke has agreed to so he can see how things work out in his schedule and if he is comfortable doing the work.

One of the things that will change with Brooke is how hymns are being played. Brooke does not usually follow what is on the page, but rather improvises based on the chords of the hymn. This will make for an interesting time. I dare say that "Come, Now is the time to worship" by Brian Doerksen has never sounded at our church like it will on Sunday; a lot more drive, a lot more energy. I just cannot wait!

Another song that has been selected for the service is "I will celebrate" by Rita Baloche. It is a nice song, but a new song. I have decided that I will go over it during the singsong so that people will have an idea as to how the song goes when it is sung during the service.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:09 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I'M SO EXCITED FOR BROOKE!!
    I can't even begin to describe the excitement.

    However, I'm pretty sure Brooke will think I'm stalking him. haha.