Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Discernment meeting?
"For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them." Matthew 18:20 [NSRV]

When I got home from the "meeting" last night, I could not help but wonder what this gathering had to do with discernment. Then I thought about the passage above, and I realized that it does not always have to be "work". It reminded me of a boisterous family dinner. It was great to be part of it.

Having just talked to my wife and found out that my mother-in-law probably will not be with us for more than about another 48 hours, it was particularly nice to not be wondering about the whole situation for a few hours.

I guess this means that I will not be at church this Sunday or the next few Sundays either. I had already sent an email to the youth helping with the powerpoint to see if she could do this Sunday as my work laptop was going to be used for some disaster plan testing; I guess I better let her know soon that she probably will be doing the next 4 Sundays.

Well I better close as my mind is now busily going over all that needs to be done before we leave.

God Bless You!

"God, when I think of my losses, I'm tempted to retreat to that black emotional place, to isolate myself from others -- even from you. It hurts too much to do anything else. Hold me close, Lord, wipe my tears. Remind me of the day there will be no grief." iWorship Daily Devotional Bible, p.403
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 8:20 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: