Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Fly to Jesus
My mother in law passed away Wednesday at noon. I must confess that I am surprised that it affected me as much as it did. It is comforting however to know that her pain has now ended and that my wife and her family can leave behind the stress of having to be faced with the imminent death of their mother, and can now begin the process of returning to their daily lives knowing that she is in a better place. Sounds trite "in a better place", but it is so true. Which of course reminded me of some of the lyrics of one of my favourite songs/hymns:

And with your final heartbeat
Kiss the world goodbye

Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side, and

Fly to Jesus

Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus and live!


-- Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus) Chris Rice

Time to start packing and get ready to go.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:38 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Dad, that's beautiful.