Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Research for Sunday
I have been trying, without success so far, to find my(our) copy of the companion book that was used for the Beginnings course that my wife and I took last year. I remember that we did not have a copy when the course started, but I am reasonably sure that we did get a copy towards the end of the course. The reason to look for it is that our minister is going to do a series of sermons over the next few weeks based on the course. I figured that re-reading the book would help me get into the right frame of mind to help me come up with songs for Sunday. For those not familiar with that course, let me point you to its website so you can read about it: Beginnings.

I was looking at the material that was left for me after the last Discernment Committee meeting, a meeting which I had to miss as I was out of town. I still feel somewhat disconnected with the whole process as I am not sure what the next steps are (not that I have gone out of my way to find out though). However, on the back of the papers was the first page of an article by Paul Baloche, "The Heart of Excellent Worship". I include the link to it as I think it is a great article. I know I have felt many of the things he mentions in getting ready for the "singsong" so it was great to read how others deal with those things.

I am still having trouble deciding about the M&P position. I guess my problem is that I have some many negative thoughts about that position (which are listed in yesterday's entry) that I wonder if I would even hear any answers to my prayers. I'm still not very good at this praying thing; or maybe it is just the part about opening yourself to the answers that I have trouble with.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:58 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: