Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Let's make it official
"But the Master said, 'Don't argue. Go! I have picked him as my personal representative to Gentiles and kings and Jews. And now I'm about to show him what he's in for--the hard suffering that goes with this job.'" -- Acts 9:15-16 [The Message]

I mentioned in my previous entry that tonight was a meeting of the Official board. We started by grounding ourselves in scripture. The version of the Bible that was used for the meeting was "The Message". For comparison sake, I have put at the top of this entry the same passage that I put in the previous entry; only this time it is out of "The Message". Different ways of getting the message across.

This is why I like websites like Bible Gateway and Crosswalk. You can look up Bible passages and then compare different versions. You will probably find one that speaks to you better than the others. In my case, and for the passage above, the "New International Version" spoke to me more than other versions.

As far as the meeting itself, I think a lot was accomplished. I was going to put some of the highlights of the meeting here, but it occurs to me that I should probably find out first if that is an okay thing to do. I will just say that I agreed with all the decisions that were made and that some of the things that were mentioned will provide a lot of food for thought.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:46 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: