Friday, March 10, 2006
Mental block
"I will be their God, and they will be my people" -- Jeremiah 31:33c [NIV]

The above is an extract from one of the Bible readings for next Sunday's service. I keep thinking that there is a song that has those words as lyrics. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot think of it. Oh well, I have all of Saturday to think of it. But I have had trouble finding songs about the Bible. The only one that comes to mind is one I heard Tennessee Ernie Ford sing "The B-I-B-L-E is the book for me".

Update: Another song that came to mind is "Basic Instructions" by Burlap to Cashmere. And the only reason it did is because it starts with the words "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth". Unfortunately I don't think I can play it. Oh well...

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Chris....

    I looked in the VU index I have..... VU 634 has those words... it might be nice to sing the whole song before the service and then hear the echo again in the blessing song.....

    Also VU 365 (Jesus loves me) talks about the Bible.....

    Just a few random thoughts on Saturday afternoon.... hope your day is going well....

    Blessings,
    Jerri