Sunday, April 16, 2006
He is risen!
Okay, so that is not really a news flash, we do know what has happened. But I think it never hurts to remind ourselves of the enormity of what happened so long ago. The drama at the beginning of the service did a good job to recount the bewilderment, confusion, and excitement upon finding that Jesus was no longer in the tomb.

The reflection was also very good, even though I did not get to hear most of it. I read the reflection online tonight before writing this entry. And the reason for missing the reflection is that we had some trouble with the overhead projector this morning. Well actually I should say we had trouble with the wall outlet that the projector was plugged into. It would appear one of the outlets is very touchy as to how the power cord can be plugged in and twice during the service this morning there was no power going to the projector (or mixing board). While the second time was not as disruptive since it happened while we were just projecting a blank slide, the first time happened while we were singing - which of course meant that all of a sudden there were no words for the congregation to use. Moving the extension cord to the other outlet fixed the problem.

I also had trouble - and this time it was me having finger trouble - with the Blessing Song. We repeated the song 3 times and since there were only 2 slides I decided that instead of making 6 slides I would just go back and forth between the two slides. Well the first time I went back it just did not look right so I kept pressing the back button and who knows were we ended up! Fortunately for me I write down the number of the slides so I was able to go back to the right slide fairly quickly and things went smoothly from then on.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:32 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: