Sunday, April 23, 2006
I didn't even know I missed it
For the last couple of days, I have gone back to reading the daily devotional in my Bible. The interesting thing is that they seem to be exactly what I needed to read right now. It had been a few months since I had read them (the last mention of devotional in my blog was way back at the end of November) and I cannot for the life of me figure out why I stopped.

I find it coincidental that our minister goes away for her vacation and we immediately go back to asking visitors to stand up and identify themselves. I guess old habits die hard. Our music director let loose on a couple of hymns today, and I really enjoyed it; I hope it wasn't too far out of the comfort zone for some of the other people attending. The young adult granddaughter of one of the senior member of the congregation did the bulk of the service this morning. While I think she did a very good job for her experience level, I never really could get into it. She was basically just reading what was on the page, and I could not get past that. I guess the question I keep asking myself is "If I had been visiting, would I come back?" and I do not think it is fair to that young adult.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:33 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: