Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Intercessory Prayer meeting
I had been asked a couple of weeks ago if I could come and lead worship for the prayer meeting. Although I had never done it - worship is defined differently in the mainline churches - I agreed to do it. For those of you from mainline churches reading this, worship in this context is where a leader helps those present get into the spirit of prayer through music (I sure hope I got this right - because that's what I tried to do).

Although I had selected 5 songs (I almost said prepared, but really I chose those 5 songs at the last minute - I knew the theme was Unity so I had a couple of songs running in my mind and a couple more made themselves visible when I skimmed my hymn book) but I ended up only doing 4 of them. For some reason, I decided to shorten my singing because there were only 4 people there (including me). I know, it does not make sense to me either now.

In any case, here are the songs I selected: (the first one is the one I decided to skip)

"Open the Eyes of my Heart" Paul Baloche
"A New commandment" Bruce Harding
"Drawn Together by His Love" Bill Cates
"We Are One In Christ Jesus" Anonymous [TFWS2229]
"They'll Know We Are Christians by Our Love" Peter Scholtes [TFWS2223]

After the singing, we had a time of prayer - and I actually said something! I don't usually feel comfortable saying anything (you can ask our minister what happened when she asked me to lead the prayer at the Official board - I refused [my mind just panicked - lead? me?]), but I think that I if can ease into it I have a better chance of actually doing it. Which is a big improvement over the past where there was no way I was going to say anything.

They were kind enough to offer to let me go before the Prayer Walk, and since I had been out late the previous two nights I accepted gratefully since it gave me an evening at home with the whole family.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:57 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: