Monday, May 15, 2006
Ramblings
Since I did not post yesterday, I should mention that I once again really enjoyed the service. I particularly enjoyed the reading of Acts 4:1-35 that our minister did. I had read that passage the day before when I was getting ready for the pre-service singing, but it certainly came alive when our minister read it. The choir did a gospel song for its anthem and it was well received. As I was singing I looked at the congregation and although some people were really into it and clapping along it looked like others were in shock. I know I certainly enjoyed singing it.

I will say that I seem to get more out of singing than I get out of listening people speak. And that seems to me because I really have to focus on what I am singing whereas my mind sometimes wanders when I am just listening. Although I hate to admit it, when our minister was leading in us in prayer before the service, my mind kept being drawn to the music in the sanctuary.

I might as well just assume that I will have to prepare the presentation for the service. It is now three weeks in a row that I did not receive the presentation from the youth who had volunteered to prepare it and this time I heard nothing from her - in previous weeks she sent an email or IM saying she would not be able to get it ready. I gave her until Sunday morning to get it to me (and I sent her a message Saturday night letting her know that if she had sent it I had not received it) and then got the presentation ready. So from now on I will just work on it from the time I receive the material, that will be one less thing for me to worry about.

We passed some clipboards around so that people could let us know what it was they were willing to do for Love Your City which is coming up in less than three weeks. I forgot to bring the sheets home with me, but from the glance I took there did not seem to be any new names. I will have to go get those sheets to confirm that. I should also make sure that those people that got shirts last year that signed up for this year still have their shirts as they can be re-used.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: