Thursday, May 11, 2006
Still good to go
I presented the Vision, Mission and Core Values statements (the Statements) and everyone that expressed an opinion were positive about it. I did not see any indications that anyone had any reservations about the Statements. One of the choir members mentioned that she had already heard about it at the UCW meeting, so all the groups in the church are being approached as is the plan. As I mentioned Tuesday, it is gratifying to see that all the work we have put into getting the Statements is being so well received. As I told the choir, it took us quite a while to find the right words to describe what our church is and can become.

I think that all of the soul searching we did over the last year in the discernment committee has made everyone's faith stronger. Something that stuck with me from reading Max Lucado's A Love Worth Giving is the statement "I wanted a larger church, but God wants a stronger church". I think that what we have been doing is creating a stronger church.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:48 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: