Monday, June 12, 2006
Discernment committee
As I have probably mentioned here before, the Discernment committee has finalized the Vision, Mission, and Value statements. Tonight's meeting was all about finding hymns that, for the lack of a better word, "portray" what the statements stand for. After much discussion, the following two hymns were the ones that best exemplified our statements:

"We Are Pilgrims (The Servant Song)" VU595
"I come with Joy" VU477

We will think about those two songs over the summer to see if they are indeed the songs we want as "theme songs". They will also be used during the summer so the congregation can have a say.

This is the beginning of the next phase in the life of the church. Beginning this fall, a steering committee will start studying to ascertain what to do with the statements as we apply them to figure out the new direction of the church.

I have said that I would be part of that steering committee; but I must confess that what I am looking forward to the most is the summer break. The idea is to recharge my batteries to get ready for the work that needs to be done in the fall.

God Bless You!


powered by performancing firefox

 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:47 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: