Thursday, June 22, 2006
Second guessing myself
At yesterday's Worship team meeting, the topic of the singsong came up. Our minister noted that I have been expressing that I am getting tired of choosing songs for the singsong. I was asked, and I agreed to take a break for the summer and the minister and I, as well as the Worship team, will discuss it again in the fall.

Now don't get me wrong, I am glad that I will be getting a break. I have not had a break, except for the month when I went down south for the funeral of my mother-in-law and the drive back earlier this year, since I came back from my ill-fated attempt to join the US job market in May 2001. But in previous occasions when I have felt like quitting, comments made by some of the people that come to the singsong have always kept me from doing so. People that tell me that a song that was sung that week really touched them, or that they come to church early only because of the singsong. What an awesome responsibility and humbling gift to know that God is speaking to those people through the songs. So I always felt before that I would be shirking my responsibility by quitting. But taking a break is not quitting. And I cannot help but feel that the extended prelude, led by Brooke, which will take the place of the singsong will include opportunities for the people to join in singing if they feel so moved.

And speaking of shirking, I have been neglecting the faith side of my life of late. I have been spending a lot of my time playing with my computers and I feel out of balance. I need to focus again on that side. One indication of how out of balance I find myself is that I have been rushing through the devotional readings in the morning - there again I need to regain focus. But hey, who said it was easy?

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:39 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: