Monday, August 29, 2005
Song search
I have spent most of my evening trying to get the music/guitar chords for a song our minister wants to do this Sunday: "House of our God" by Jim Manley. You can listen to a snippet of the song here. After listening to it, I knew I had heard the song before so I searched high and low in all the songbooks I have here but to no avail. I was complaining to the rest of the family that I just could not find the song that I just knew I had heard before and, when I mentioned the title, my older daughter whipped out the songbook "All God's Children Sing" that has the song in it! It turns out my daughter had tried to get me to sing this song in the singsong in the past which is why I had heard it before.

Another part of my evening was spent looking for the guitar chords for "Be Thou My Vision". It is a very nice hymn which is in our hymnal, "Voices United", but there are no chords there. Fortunately for me, I was able to find a couple of sites that have chords for it.

I have not had much time to look at the rest of the service. Hopefully I can do that while I am on the ferry tomorrow on my way to Vancouver. I expect that the hotel where we will be staying will have internet access so I can communicate with everyone while I am out of town.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:56 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: