Thursday, October 13, 2005
And so it begins
I went to the church again last night, this time for a Finance Committee meeting. It will turn out to be a pivotal moment in the life of the church. I have mentioned before that the attendance at our church as been declining over the last few years, with the result that our expenses are now outpacing our revenue and it has been getting worse every year. This meeting, and the one before it which I missed because of family business, were for the express purpose to decide what we would be doing.

I am, again, not going to recount all that happened in the meeting. Suffice it to say that I am very pleased to be able to say that we, the committee, have decided that we should dip into our trust funds and work at reversing the trends at the church. The "only" thing left to decide is how we are going to proceed - which is partly what the Discernment committee is about.

I cannot help but be excited about trying to discern God's purpose for ourselves and the church.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:11 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: