Monday, December 05, 2005
Discernment meeting - take 5
The world will never be won to Christ with what people can conveniently spare. - Bernard Edinger

The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully - 2 Corinthians 9:6 (New Revised Standard Version)

As I mentioned in yesterday's entry, tonight's Discernment meeting was about tithing. Of course, most people think of money when they hear the word tithing. But that is only a part of it. Tithing is a gift of your Time, Talent, and Treasure.

I was going to put down something about it here, but I have trouble putting it into words. For me, giving more to the church gives me joy. Knowing that what I give makes a difference for the work of the church in God's work in the community makes me want to give even more.

And now I get to have a say as to how the church does God's work at the Finance Committee meeting tomorrow night. Well maybe I should say that we will try and define what kind of church God wants us to be so we can find out what work it is that needs to be done. I look forward to seeing the Spirit at work tomorrow.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:04 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: