Sunday, March 19, 2006
Another great Sunday
I know I say this every Sunday, but I really enjoy all the singing and particularly the reflections. I do not know if it is because I am more receptive to what is being talked about, or because the preaching is better, but either way the reflections really speak to me.

Before I forget about it, I just want to note a song I have been hearing repeatedly lately: "Thy Word" by Amy Grant. I have really enjoyed it, but since I was hearing it in the car, had not paid a lot of attention to the lyrics of the verses. It turns out it would have been a great song for today's service. I think I will have a look and see if it can fit with the theme for next week.

And speaking of pre-service singing, I will have to be better prepared from now on if we are to take requests. I have absolutely nothing against people wanting to sing a song that speaks to them at the moment, I just have never been very good at picking out chords for songs that do not have guitar chords on them. And for the foreseeable future, our new music director, Brooke Maxwell, is on a steep learning curve as most of the hymns he has never heard before.

And on the topic of the collaboration site, I think I was overly optimistic by thinking that people in the Discernment committee would be at ease with the concept. I forget that most people are not as familiar with computers as I am and that online editing of web pages is probably very daunting to them. It is actually easier than I made it sound just now. Hopefully over time they will get more comfortable with it.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:47 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: