Friday, July 07, 2006
Singsong slowly taking shape
"Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
" -- Isaiah 55:1 [NIV]

Perhaps not surprisingly, most of the hymn suggestions I have found come from the Isaiah passage. I still have some more thinking to do, but if I were to decide right at this moment, the following three songs would be the ones I would sing:

"I Heard the Voice of Jesus" VU626
"Just as I Am" VU508
"Bread of Life" Stephen Spencer

The third song is there, not because it was suggested, but rather because this Sunday is communion and it is a communion hymn and it just so happens that it kind of fits with the Isaiah quote at the top of this entry (the lyrics can be accessed by clicking on the hymn title).

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: