Thursday, July 06, 2006
Think think think
"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 [NIV]

I spent some time this evening reading the Bible passages for next Sunday:

Nehemiah 8:1-12
Isaiah 55:1-13
1 Thessalonians 5:15-18

and I must say I cannot wait to hear our minister on Sunday (particularly about the Nehemiah reading). By the way, you can read the passages above online; one of the sites where you can do that is BibleGateway. Admittedly, I did not give the readings the time required to really "stand under" those passages, so it is no wonder that I am having trouble wrapping my thoughts around them.

The devotional I read this morning was familiar to me which can only mean that I have now reached the part where I started reading last year. I was thinking about trying out the suggestion from the book "God Songs", namely to sing the bible passage instead of just reading it. I would have to change the time where I do my devotional/Bible reading as everyone is still sleeping then. I will have to think on this some more.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:39 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: